JellyPages.com

Saturday, September 02, 2017

Helen's Journey E - Eddyper


Helen's Journey through A-Z has reached letter E and she chose the tangle Eddyper. No, she did not choose Easter Lily (I almost bet all my snails in my garden she would) and not EEB either, which was my second guess, but I am sooo glad it wasn't Ellish. Not that I don't like Ellish. In the contrary. I saw some awesome tiles of Ellish, the threads weaving in and out, over and under, it made my eyes spin and my admiration for these tanglers jump way into the stratosphere. Just google it and you see what I mean.

Anyway, it is Eddyper, a tangle I hadn't done yet, so I did some warm up exercises with it. All of a sudden I had something in front of me that reminded me of that awful stinking beautiful flower that only recently had been in the news again for its flowering. It is called Amorphophallus Titanum, blooms very rarely, I mean something like every 4-7 years, and when it does bloom, it releases such a bad smell, people inconspicuously look around trying to find the corpse.

So my version of Eddyper is a mix of some wavy Eddyper and some Amorphophallus Titanum Eddyper.

Helen's Journey through A-Z with E for Eddyper
Pattern: Eddyper



Here an image of a Amorphophallus Titanum. It has a striking similarity with mine above, doesn't it.


This images is taken from the Wikipedia website




Helen's Journey A-Z D for Diva Dance is still in the works...in case you are wondering.






6 comments:

  1. I love your spin on Eddyper, Susie - so wonderful I wish I had thought of it myself - I love the organic, rustic feel. Beautiful. Now, I have had my head buried in study for the past couple of years and had to look up the patterns that you mentioned Easter Lily and EEB - I couldn't find EEB? I had to laugh when I saw your mention of Ellish as I almost did that one, and even had a few experimental doodles on the go, but in the end, I decided to go for a pattern I haven't tried before instead........hence Eddyper.

    I'm just about to start playing with my F pattern :) h

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen, thanks so much for your lovely comment on my Eddyper. I made a sketch of A.T. a long time ago, when it was in the news last year, but when you came out with Eddyper I instantly knew this is the correct tangle to combine it with.
      Ellish - you actually made a drawing of it already, so I knew there is that change of it being elected as your E. When it came out (last year?) I gave it many tries and was not happy with any of them. This tangle should be called 'Hellish' for its complexity.
      Wow! I better hurry up with my Diva Dance I am working on for a week now!!!
      EBB: http://www.musterquelle.de/e/444-eebs.html

      Delete
  2. Stunning image of "your" Eddyper, a wonderful version and typical Susie, I just love it.
    I have taken a look on the Diva's challenge too and there you show us also some little jewels. Love the two interpretations but my fave is the second one where you have created such a depth, fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your wonderful comment, Ria. I was lucky I remembered the beautiful but smelly flower sketch I did last year, it really went perfectly with Eddyper. 2nd Petoskey: If you knew how often I had to take a new picture of this tile, because each time I looked at it on the monitor I thought, no, not enough yuck. Back to the drawing board. More pencil.

      Delete
  3. Stunning, and I'm sorry but it doesn't resemble the infamous corpse flower at all, at least not to me. But it was very funny to read where you went with this! Beautiful tangle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meridiana, my dear, we seem to have different glasses on our noses. You see, I tried to combine Eddyper with that big thing in the middle on the second image, not the tiny leaves in the back. But whatever you see in my tile, that is absolutely, completely, totally, utterly, entirely, wholly, fully, quite, thoroughly, unreservedly; definitely, certainly, positively, unconditionally, categorically, unquestionably, undoubtedly, without a doubt, without a question, surely, unequivocally; exactly, precisely, decisively, conclusively, manifestly, in every way, in every respect, one hundred percent, every inch, to the hilt, and perfectly fine with me.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...