JellyPages.com

Sunday, October 15, 2017

9er Mosaic Bicycle Tour Along the River Danube

Finally, I made it. The last three tiles are done and so is this particular challenge - and I am extremely happy about it - I mean, the fact that it is finished, and done. Don't get me wrong, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the challenge per say, but I started it on the wrong foot. Too many tangles, too crowded, too many colors...it is not me.

Anyway, here is Finish My tile (FMT) 184 with emphasis on N'zeppel...


Finish My Tile challenge #184 with Patterns: N'zeppel, Lolo (broken),  Ballace and some Split Balls and a sail and bicycle
Patterns: N'zeppel, Lolo (broken),  Ballace and some Split Balls
and a sail and bicycle



...FMT 185 with emphasis on Printemps...


Finish My Tile #185 with Patterns: Printemps, Companion, Sprigs, Knightsbridge, Fiore, Split Balls, Kinggo and still more sail tips
Patterns: Printemps, Companion, Sprigs, Knightsbridge,
Fiore, Split Balls, Kinggo
and still more sail tips



...and the last in the series, the center piece, or FMT 186 with emphasis on Pokeleaf.


Finish My Tile #186 with Patterns: Pokeleaf, Hamsix tangleation, and some tangles peaking in from the surrounding 8 tiles and sails with fish
Patterns: Pokeleaf, Hamsix tangleation, and some tangles
peaking in from the surrounding 8 tiles
and sails with fish




The final and complete Bicycle Tour Along the River Danube with a bike, two sailing boats, a sun, and two fish.




I haven't been at all active in the challenges as of late. Well, that is not quiet right, I have been very active with my own personal challenge: to do all the refreshers and catch up to the present number of 164 asap. Last month I finished a total of 12, which is more in one month than ever before. October is looking even better already; managed 16 thus far and counting... My goal for October is to draw at least one refresher tile a day. Unfortunately, this leaves me no time to do other challenges nor visiting other tangler's websites. Please forgive me. Goal for next month? Will see...

Each end of month I upload the new refreshers to my flickr album



Animal Happy Day

Very clever...very clever doggy indeed!







8 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Susie! A wonderful mosaic. Maybe a little bit overloadet with very nice patterns in various perfect fitting colors but really great! I especially like the bike. I wonder what Hubert will say to this wonderful result.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Margarete, you hit the nail on the head! "Overloaded" is just the preamble to what I (!) think of it. It started all with tile #1, but had to pull it through to be cohesive. Now you know why it took me so long to finish it. But now I know better... Hubert? Won't tell him!!!!!! Or I will never hear the end of it.

      Delete
  2. I understand what you mean by writing: " too many tangles, too crowded, too many colors" but still I see a gorgeous painting with beautiful drawn tangles, unexpected original little surprises, very nice connections and also yes, I see that some light spaces... I like your result and I'm sure you learned a lot by this challenge. I'm glad you enjoy the refreshers, a very good exercise too and I wish you success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! Yes, Ria, I learnt how NOT to do it. And that is a very important lesson, too, don't you think? I forgot to mention: the paper was difficult to draw on, too, very rough and it had some sort of a sheen. So shading and coloring by themselves were a challenge. Sounds I am fishing for excuses. LOL Anyway, thanks for your kind words, Ria.

      Delete
  3. Wow, what an amazing journey YOU made, never mind Hubert! You are giving this to him, right--is that what I remember? He will just love it. I love the bike, heading straight uphill. (I hope he didn't have to deal with hills like that) Just reading all that you are doing for the challenges makes me exhausted--you are really pushing yourself. The good part is how much you'll learn. The bad part is the pressure! Don't overdo and lose your zest for tangling--you are so good at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO, Meridiana, NEVER! This is not quite the present you would want to give to somebody. Having said the above, in a few days Hubert is off again on a motorbike trip from the south of India to Bhutan. Not quite as barren as the desert Gobi, but...
      Refreshers: to tell you the truth, drawing refreshers has become my new passion. I love to see my stats climbing towards the 100% finishing line. Yes, it starts to be fun!
      Thanks, M.

      Delete
  4. Beautifully complex Susie! Yes, there's a lot going on, but it's so interesting to explore with the eye;-) Congratulations on a stunning finish;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Michele. I am so glad we all agree about the overpopulation of tangles. I was never a great fan of these kind of tiles when drawn by others; how on earth I (!) slid into it is a big question mark to me.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...